Sunday, February 27, 2005

Life Coaching Training School

I just returned from what was an awesome week, both professionally and personally. I attended a Coach Training course in Phoenix, and spent an incredible 5 days getting to know a dynamic, diverse group of coaches (or those considering becoming coaches) who have left me really feeling inspired, encouraged, and ready for action!

Part of our coach training includes having the opportunity to be coached by our peers on various issues. (Yes, we all have "issues"!) How lucky I was to be part of this particular group!

After a week with my group of new friends, I have committed to action toward some of my own personal and professional goals, and I can hardly wait until tomorrow to begin acting on my "action plan" that my coach(es) helped me develop. WOW! The power of coaching - once again affirmed.

Special thanks and recognition to my fellow coaches and coach-ees:

Jill, a like mind in many ways, whom I know I will remain friends with for a long, long time - I love how you hear what isn't even said; Christy with the sweet voice and spirit to match; Roberto, the thinker, who got me thinking, too; Darlene, our mentor and facilitator, who truly models all that a great coach is and can be; Connie, the international speaker with a truly global presence (even when she's just right there in the room with you) whose direct and "let's get to it" approach was exactly what I needed (am really looking forward to working with you!); C.J.,my fellow Tucsonan and future lunch-date friend. Thanks for letting me see the excitement and enthusiasm of a GREAT coach-in-the-making explore this incredible profession; Debi, who says just the right thing at the right moment (still thinking about the wind-up toy analogy); Sandra, whose generosity and thoughtfulness makes me want to do something nice for someone else (It's good to be good!); MJ, MerJo, MoJo, whose laugh is totally contagious, and who makes me realize the importance of not taking oneself too seriously; Susie, who has powerful words of wisdom that the world could benefit from hearing (I know I certainly can - you "caught me" mid-excuse and turned me around before I even knew what happened; Linda, whose presence in the world of coaching makes me so proud to be a part of it - not only are you a good coach for your clients, but you are good for the profession!

Thank you, Friends!

No comments: